Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Review:Pho is for Lovers- Perfect for a Rainy Day


Before it gets extra miserable concerning the heat index, I made it a priority to try Pho is for Lovers. This hard to miss shop, tucked in a standard shopping center across from the PetSmart on Greenville Ave., will surprise you. The atmosphere consists of simple white walls and just a handful of tables. The menu is fairly simple itself, offering mostly bahn mi sandwiches and pho. 

I split the bahn mi with my friend Ryan, my usual weeknight restaurant partner in crime. We opted for the deli meat bahn mi- mistake. Nothing great about this version of the sandwhich. I should have known better. 

BUT the pho was amazing. The broth was very flavorful, keeping afloat the noodles, fresh veggies, and yummy beefy meatballs, which was perfectly meaty and a little fatty. 
(The beef pho I ordered, sorry it's a tiny bit blurry!) 

(I'm sure their other bahn mi sandwiches are fine- the deli meat one is just not worth it.) 

In addition to a bowl of pho as big as your face, you get a tiny plate of extras- jalapeƱo, lime, and basil. They were the perfect additions to the pho. I of course added all of them, and some sriracha. 

(Yummy extras for your bowl of pho.) 

This place would be THE perfect place for a bowl of hot, hearty soup on a rainy day. When it's not a hundred degrees outside. Hot weather and soup just don't mix people. Come mid- November, you need to get your pho on at this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment