Monday, April 22, 2013

Neighborhood Services- Never Fails

On a lowly Tuesday night I escaped to the wonderful Neighborhood Services with a friend. I have been there several times with my husband and have always been in love with their cocktails and dishes. From perfectly prepared fish to an extraordinary schnitzel (trust me on this one, ORDER IT), this place NEVER EVER fails.

On this weeknight adventure, I opted for the short rib stroganoff special. It was perfect for a stroganoff- not too rich- with fatty (but not too fatty) pieces of melt-in-your-mouth short rib, light but creamy sauce with parsley. To make this even better it was served on house made pappardelle- which if you haven't had homemade noodles you don't know what you are missing- and let me tell you- you are missing a lot my friend.

Speaking of friend- my lovely company got the steak and frites. I'm a beef girl. I love it as much as I love bacon (which freakin' says alot)- so when I say that this steak was one of the best I have ever had, please take that as gold! Steak house quality here people. AAaaaaaaa-ma---zing!!! Fries were ok, nothing special, but salty carbs will never be turned down. Also the voodoo sauce that accompanied the steak- not too hot, just the right amount of kick and zing, and so incredibly tasty that I could have drank it. Yeah I'm gross, but I could have- it was that good.



To follow this meat and carb fest we shared the pepper jack mac and cheese- yeah we are awesome and so was it. Cheesy with a kick, how everything should be.


If you havent stopped by Neighborhood Services, do yourself a big ole Dallas favor and go asap. Never ever have I had anything there that wasnt top notch. You will thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment